ENO Valve ’s POLYURETHANE Deflection Cone is specifically designed for tough, abrasive and corrosive services.
POLYURETHANE DEFLECTION CONE
Polyurethane Deflection Cone is recommended to pro-long valve life and to protect the valve from any day-to-day wear and tear. It is easily replaceable and is less expensive to replace than the entire valve. They are used in ash handling systems, cyclone feeds and discharge, pump box drains and dust collection systems. Polyurethane Deflection Cones are light in weight and are corrosion resistant.Uni directional knife gate valves have a raised seat that faces the flow when the valve is open. This can cause erosive damage of the seat when highly erosive media such as mining slurry are being handled. To provide protection to the seat in such situations, deflection cones are generally used. ENO Valve offers this accessory in two material options cast Ni hard or polyurethane to suit various application requirements.
We at ENO Valve cover all sizes of deflection cones, ranging from 50mm up to 500mm. ENO Valve cones are cast at a hardness of 90 DURO which is ideal for the mining industry.
In abrasive services, deflection cones can be mounted between the upstream valve flange and the adjoining piping. Though reducing the port area slightly, they can increase the life of the seat and gate and are less expensive to replace than the entire valve. Deflection cones are available in Ni-Hard and HDPE materials.
POLYURETHENE DEFLECTION CONE Features & Benefits:
- Deflection cones are a simple, effective means of protecting valve internals against wear and scouring on abrasive services.
- Available in polyurethane material for general services.
- 28% Chrome Iron metal option for high abrasion.
- Field replaceable design.
- High Flow rates achieved by streamlined design.
- Contoured shape minimises internal pockets.
- When using Chrome Iron deflection cones, a gasket is required between the valve and deflection cone.